Animal Kingdom - Fun Facts
Florida Guide > Animal Kingdom
Disney’s Animal Kingdom was the fourth and so far last theme park to be opened. Mixing wild rides with wildlife this park doubles as a conservation area and a learning centre for children young and old – here are some fun facts.
• Animal Kingdom opened on the 22nd April 1998.
• On its first day the parking lot was full just 20 minutes after the park opened!
• There are three main types of animals – real ones, extinct ones (dinosaurs) and mythical (dragons, etc).
• Animal Kingdom is the largest of the four parks covering a staggering over 500 acres (more that the other 3 parks put together). Kilimanjaro Safari covers 100 acres alone, making it the largest single attraction built by Disney.
• The rocks seen in the lion settlement are heat controlled, by making them hotter or colder (dependant on the type of day) this encourages the lions to sit on them in full view of the passing vehicles.
• Animal Kingdom is home to over 300 species of animals and over 1100 animals in total, which means the daily feed weighs in around 4 tons.
• There are 325 animals sculptured into the tree of life and it has more than100, 000 leaves on its branches. It measures in at 145 foot tall.
• You will not find any straws or cup lids on offer anywhere in Animal Kingdom this is because if they are not put in the trash properly they could cause harm to the animals.
• The new ride Expedition Everest is the same height as Epcot’s Tower of Terror standing at 199 feet and the track is almost 1 mile long making it the largest ride in Disney world.
• There are 27 million galleons of water in Discovery River (I would like to know who counted them).
• There are over 4 millions trees, vines, grasses, plants which come from every continent with the exception of Antarctica.
• A large African Antelope was the first to give birth at Animal Kingdom.
• Two Micronesian Kingfisher chicks hatched at here, amazingly raising their population by 3%.
• The Dinosaur, Sue, found in Dinoland is actually a duplication of the most complete T-Rex found (who was around 65 Million Years old! ).
• At the Tusker House outside Dining area you will be able to hear what you think is a conversations that is coming out of the Kitchen – or can you – this is actually a recording.
• Check out the notice board outside Dinoland - it has some strange and funny messages.
Viewed 61261 times.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one: