General Disney - Fun Facts
Florida Guide > Disney Parks
How many people does it take to keep Walt Disney World ticking over? How many hamburgers are eaten each year? What happens to the food grown in Epcot? You want to know - read on. . . .
* Disneyworld, Florida is made up of four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom), two water parks (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon), Twenty Hotels, five 18-hol Golf Courses, two miniature gold courses (Fantasia Gardens and Winter Summerland) and is currently the largest theme park resort in the world, but a new development overseas “Dubai land” is been built and it set to take the record.
• Walt Disney sadly died in 1966 therefore never seeing the opening of the first theme park, Magic Kingdom, in 1971. Walt’s Brother renamed the park in Walt's memory from “Disney World” to “Walt Disney World”.
• All Disney Employees are known as “Cast Members”.
• Disney currently employs over 55, 000 cast members – making it the largest single site employer in the USA – now that’s some payroll!
• Access roads for maintenance vehicles are constructed so no one on the general roads will ever see them – most general roads are raised slightly and the access roads are hidden by trees, signs, etc.
• Disney has their own “tree farm” meaning if a large tree has to be replaced there is already an aged one ready to take its place.
• Disney world covers a staggering 47 square miles and at present less than a fourth has been developed upon.
• Amazing the first day the park was closed was 28 years after it was first opened, this was due to Hurricane Floyd.
• Downtown Disney has had many names from when it was first opened in 1975 it has been known as Lake Buena Vista village, Disney Village Market Place, The Walt Disney World Village and The Disney Village Market Place.
• Walt Disney World is the proud owner of 200 buses, 750 watercraft and 12 monorails.
• The monorails operate at around 40 miles per hour, although they can be sped up to a maximum of 50 miles per hour.
• Epcot spends around $35, 000 per NIGHT on fireworks.
• The lagoon on where Fantasmic is shown is only 1. 5 foot deep!
• There are 21 slides at Blizzard Beach.
• More than 7 million hamburgers are purchased per year from Walt Disney World.
• Magic Kingdom Car park boasts 12, 250 spaces!
• Two million bedding plants are potted each year.
• Vegetables and fruits which are grown at the Land Pavilion at Epcot are used in the Disney World restaurants.
• Hungry? There are over 300 places to eat around the resort.
Viewed 49571 times.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one: